SVX Launchpad Entrepreneur Accelerator
Type: Multi-Regional, VIRTUAL
For: Women & Non-Binary Founders based in rural and northern regions
Start Date: Nov. 2023 - Jan. 2024 (5 week commitment)
The SVX Launchpad Entrepreneur Accelerator connects women and non-binary entrepreneurs with workshops, peer connections, sector experts, and mentors to help them become impact investment-ready.
This program supports entrepreneurs in maximizing the meaningful impact of their businesses, with the ultimate objective of securing capital for social or environmentally-focused ventures.
We accept impact enterprises operating in rural and Northern regions, particularly in Eastern Ontario, Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
Program Perks include:
Access to impact investors and funds, including Bloom Local Food Fund in Prince Edward County.
Access to expert coaches with experience as investors and entrepreneurs.
High-quality content to increase investment readiness of enterprises delivered by market experts.
Access to funding networks & related skills and resources (financial modeling, types of capital and how to get funding, business model (narrative) skills.
Access to a supportive community of facilitators, experts, coaches and cohort of peers including access to relevant events and networks.
Live sessions are conducted in English, all course materials available in French.
How the Program Works
The program will include the following:
Weekly online investment readiness modules
Module 1 – Developing your theory of change, articulating your venture story to the world.
Module 2 – Deal room development, understanding what investors look for in a deal room.
Module 3 – Impact measurement and management, tools and frameworks.
Module 4 – Financial fitness, understanding financial statements basic, how to development a financial model to understand forecasting, improving your business model.
Module 5 – Pitch preparation, the anatomy of a pitch, fielding investor questions.
Weekly check-ins and workshops with peer participants and coaches
Signature Demo Day Event
And best of all, free
Key Learning Outcomes
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Eligibility/Geography: Be a woman/non-binary entrepreneur based in rural and/or Northern regions (particularly in Eastern Ontario, Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, North West Territories, and Nunavut).
- Target Sector: Have a business aligned with but not limited to one of the following sectors: sustainable agriculture, farming, ag-tech, sustainable food production and systems, water and waste management innovation, bioenergy and biomaterials, sustainable packaging, circular economy, and climate solutions. Want to know if your business is qualified for our program? Contact email@example.com for questions.
- Operating History: Minimum one (1) year of operational history at time of application.
- Business Development Phase: This program caters to businesses in post-ideation stage. Companies can range from pre-seed to Series A, including operating businesses with long tenure.
- Proof of Viability: Businesses must demonstrate existing revenue, customer base, and/or external funding (grants, loans or equity investments).
- Funding Plans: Businesses must have intentions to raise capital within the next 6-12 months at time of application.
- Product or Service Quality: Quality product or service offering (i.e. achieved product-market fit, sales growth, low churn).
- Leadership Expertise: The leadership team should be full-time, possess relevant expertise and be responsive to feedback.
Please note that we only have capacity to support 10 participants for the SVX Launchpad program. Participants will be selected after an intake assessment and until all spots are filled.
- Application Period (Extended): October 19th – November 6th, 2023 (9:00am ET)
- Applicants will be screened based on eligibility criteria
- Selected candidates will be notified by November 6th (via email) and will need to confirm their spot by November 10th
Confirmed participants will receive an onboarding package and will start orientation on Monday, November 13th, 2023.
Ready to level-up your business? Apply today.